CLASSROOM LEADERSHIP AND EDUCATION MANAGEMENT. Univ. of Pretoria, Pretoria South Africa 2021
GROUP 1: EDUCATION MANAGEMENT
Educational management is a diverse and complex range of activities requiring a considerable amount of knowledge, skill and judgement by individuals in particular the teacher. It focuses on the interplay between individual capability and organizational requirements which is both challenging and exciting.
The effectiveness of a school lies in sustainable leadership. Eight elements of classroom leadership are identified:
- Public service with a moral purpose,
- Commitment to changing contexts,
- Lateral capacity-building through networks,
- Intelligent accountability and vertical relationships,
- Dual commitment to short- and long-term results,
- Cyclical re-energizing and
- The long-arm of leadership.
Self-Development of Teachers
Each person that takes on the responsibility to grow as a leader can make a meaningful difference in their school. Inspirational leadership is contagious and will rub off on others who will also take courage in contribution towards building as school community in which a culture of teaching and learning prevails.
Classroom Management and Positive discipline in the classroom
Effective management of a classroom requires:
- Understanding the relationship between leadership and management and school effectiveness
- Demonstrating emotional intelligence in their day-to-day work in the school environment
- Managing school-community relationships
- Analyzing their classroom situation and developing positive classroom culture and climate
- Understanding the relationship between values and the development of classroom policies, procedures and rules
Course fee (All Inclusive)
Tuition, Course materials, Certificate, Shared Hotel Accommodation, All Meals & Tour/Sightseeing, Return Ticket, Visa fee.
Date: 22nd -27th August, 2021
Deadline for registration:
April 7th, 2021.
We will give 5% Discount for registration and payment on or before January 31st, 2021).
Do not hesitate to contact us for registration and any other queries.
Send email to: Contact@sufficientskills.org, and firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also Call or SMS: 08023150165 and 08188117181
***Please note that we can also schedule this workshop for your school at your convenience.